Liar Liar Rants On Fire

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Post Office Blues

Imagine my surprise when I went to the post office on Saturday to drop off my mail, the last outgoing delivery before the holiday weekend, and found that the last pickup of the day was 3:00 p.m.

To backtrack a bit, I live in a small town on California's central coast, where the community is growing and the housing market continues to be out of sight. The main post office for the county is located here and it has always been open until 5:30 p.m Monday through Saturday. Since time immemorial...

The shock I felt when I realized that, although the population is on the upswing, the services are on the downswing, has moved me to begin my first blog. Does this mean that I no longer have faith that my civil servants care for my welfare? Maybe...

I can certainly admit to feeling left out of the decision making process at the federal level. Although I show up at my polling place every election day, it has been a long time since I believed that my vote made a difference to anything that I care about.

I want to go on record, and this is the record, as being appalled that our libraries are open a few hours a week, in very limited locations and now it would seem that our post offices are also in a similar decline. This occurring very shortly after an increase in postage. My taxes are up and so are my hackles. Where does this buck stop?

Warmest regards

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At September 3, 2007 at 1:14 PM , Blogger B. J. Ryan said...

I sure understand . . .

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home